none
Can't access personal folder on client computer RRS feed

• Question

• Here's my setup: I have a laptop (T500W7), a desktop (EXPC) and my home server (Cube). THis is the older (2003 server based) Home server. THe laptop and desktop runs Windows 7 (Pro for the laptop and some Home ultimate or whatever the upper tire home version is called for the desktop).  The desktop is the family computer with accounts for myself, my wife and my daughter.

On the desktop, in each user account is an icon with a link to the "Shared folders on server." I believe this got installed when I installed the Home connector software.

I can access my own folder on the server just fine from the desktop.

My wife cannot access her folder (she gets a access violation error), though she can access shared and public folders just fine.

On the desktop, her account has no password.

I'm not aware that her folder on the server has a password either.

Any advice or hints as to how to get this resolved so she can access her folder on the server?

Thanks

Monday, May 16, 2011 5:17 PM

All replies

• I can't quite remember but I thought you had to have a password to access personal shares on the server or anyone could get to them.
    Monday, May 16, 2011 5:45 PM
  • Are time, date and timezone matching between the affected client and the server?

Did you try to delete the account and create it again?

Is there any security suite on the client blocking the access?

If you create a matching account for your wife on your PC, can she connect from that machine?

Best greetings from Germany

Olaf

Monday, May 16, 2011 7:31 PM