Error: No phone system connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a typical standard edition setup with Exchange, OCS, Cert Authority, Mediation Server and Active Directory. I am able to make calls from communicator to communicator. Upon doing this, both the communicator and the phone at the other end ring.

I am also able to call phone to communicator.

I have an error in communicator that states: No phone system connection. Upon clicking details, I get: Cannot connect to phone. Cannot connect to server. The server may be temporarily unavailable.

The 2nd problem is that I am not able to see the phone number listed for a given user on the contacts, and can make only communicator to communicator calls. As mentioned earler, the phone also rings at that time.

I remember from a previous deployment that the phone number (office, home, etc. ) would show up automatically on the contacts once the user has setup these details in the Tools ->options-> phones tab. So how can I make a direct communicator to phone call?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Akshai,

Can you update this thread? Have you implemented the RTM version and confirmed this is still an issue.?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:41 PM
  • Hi

I have the same problem on an RTM version. The issue I have is that on the Advanced Phone Integration screen (Accessed via the Phone Integration element of the Phones tab in Commiunicator 2007) the

"Configure Settings" radio button is greyed out and cannot be selected. I have the 2 registry keys which allow me to set the Remote call control URI and the Phone URI but unless I can select the "Configure Settings" button, communicator will not use these settings.

Please help... With this setting I believe it will then operate with out phone system here,,,

Thanks

DustBunnny

Monday, September 24, 2007 7:22 AM
  • Hi!

for the second question...

About the numbers of your contacts, to view all numbers you need to increase the level of access (like personal, team) to allow your contacts to view your numbers like mobile and home...

About the first, you are using AudioCodes Gateway? If not, what`s your model?

In users properties, you`ve enabled users to Voice and set the numbers with tel:+xxxx ?

Regards,

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 2:50 PM
  • Hi DustBunny,

I have implemented OCS 2007 , MCM , Mediation SErver , Edge Servers and Nortel.

I am able to make calls from communicator to communicator. But not from communicator to phone and vice versa.

and the one you mentioned Configure Settings button is greyed out. Could you help me out in providing some useful information.

Guess you also had the same problem

With regards,

raj

Monday, May 5, 2008 5:10 AM