Installing Add-ins RRS feed

• Question

• I have added and add-in according to the instructions with WHS but when I log into the console and go to settings add-ins available the add-in is not listed why? it is an .msi file and I can see it in the shared folders software\addins\ directory.
    Friday, June 8, 2007 4:53 PM

Answers

• Mike, most likely you didn't build the .msi file quite right. Check in the Developers forum. There's at least one thread that includes a complete .wxs file for creating a .msi.
    Friday, June 8, 2007 7:47 PM
  • Mike got your email about the add-in(http://www.fjdrasch.com/v2/v2_frame.htm  Recorded TV Manager), that add-in is not for WHS console.
    It will just copy and move the recorded TV file to WHS,  the app "Recorded TV Manager" is installed on the MCE PC not WHS.

Mike any problems Email me.

Friday, June 8, 2007 8:56 PM
  • Thanks again guy's I thought I read it was an add-in for WHS( Recorded TV Manager2), and have now figured out it wasn't found the whiist.msi and it works fine and installed through the console. The recorded TV Manager came with an msi in the download and maybe thats why I thought it was for WHS. I found these apps at we got served site when I was lookin for add-ins for WHS. Site www.wegotserved.co.uk

Thanks again

Sunday, June 10, 2007 12:38 PM

All replies

• Mike, most likely you didn't build the .msi file quite right. Check in the Developers forum. There's at least one thread that includes a complete .wxs file for creating a .msi.
    Friday, June 8, 2007 7:47 PM
  • Mike got your email about the add-in(http://www.fjdrasch.com/v2/v2_frame.htm  Recorded TV Manager), that add-in is not for WHS console.
    It will just copy and move the recorded TV file to WHS,  the app "Recorded TV Manager" is installed on the MCE PC not WHS.

Mike any problems Email me.

Friday, June 8, 2007 8:56 PM
  • Thanks again guy's I thought I read it was an add-in for WHS( Recorded TV Manager2), and have now figured out it wasn't found the whiist.msi and it works fine and installed through the console. The recorded TV Manager came with an msi in the download and maybe thats why I thought it was for WHS. I found these apps at we got served site when I was lookin for add-ins for WHS. Site www.wegotserved.co.uk

Thanks again

Sunday, June 10, 2007 12:38 PM