HP LX195 stopped working, cannot connect in any way! RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased an HP Mediasmart Server Model LX195 a few days ago, and at first it worked flawlessly. Then yesterday, I suddenly couldnt connect to it. I tried pinging the server by IP and by server name to no avail. The server disapeared out of my Network, and I can no longer access it via the Server Connector tool that came with the Server. I also cannot remote into the server by way of Remote Desktop Connection in Vista.

I tried running through the steps with the included Server Recovery disc, but it cannot locate the server to perform the recovery. I tried re-installing the included configuration disc, but no matter what I do it cant seem to see the server anywhere. As this is a headless model I cant simply connect a display to it to run through the configuration. Im afrraid that the servers IP is out of range and thats why I cant see it anywhere.

I ran ARP -A in windows command and tried to remote desktop into every IP listed there, but none of them were correct. I used Angry IP scanner and scanned every IP within the conceivable range of things and none of them were even close to the server.

I could use any help available, thanks.
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    maybe you simply have to accept the fact, that the hardware died. (Happens sometimes especially during the first usage days.)
    So I recommend to contact either your vendor to swap the hardware or HP for support.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:01 AM