CRM 2011 - NAV strange connector issue (Need help please) RRS feed

• Question

• Experts,

NAV/CRM connector is giving us hard time.
    Our OnPremise Connector between NAV/CRM has always worked fine for our custom entities. 
    We are on the most latest version of CRM/NAV Connector.

Setup:

Before i get to the problem, i would like to briefly describe how our setup is like and what we are trying to accomplish.

• We have CRM 2011 organization hosted on a public ip (separate server(s) and setup), everything works fine no problem. No multiple binding at IIS level. We are able to access our organization and our QA team is testing our stuff.
    • We have a NAV instance on our public ip (separate server and setup), and we have our CRM/NAV connector on that box.
    • What we are trying to accomplish is: Have our connector that is installed on NAV box talk to CRM 

Here is the problem:

I am really confused and i am no deployment expert so i will need your help/suggestion/pointers to look for:

In the Adapter Settings of the Connector, if i hit the Test Settings by providing the CRM Info, it gives me an error: (Please see the the next two screen shots), but when i close/reopen Connector Instance and without entering anything i go to "Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM" and provide same info, the connector pulls the list of Company from the CRM Server and the wizard runs fine (and that is really strange), i am really not sure what is going on. 

Screen Shot 1

Screen Shot 2

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:58 PM

Answers

• We have resolved the issue.

The solution/workaround is to create a new mapping and within adapter settings of the particular mapping (in our case new one not the main adapter settings) if you provide the same information (As as in Screen Shot: 1) then it works fine and says "Connection Test successfull"

It is indeed a connector bug and the connection should have been established from the main adapter settings regardless.
    Hopefully somebody from Microsoft Connector team is/will read the issue and will resolve that bug.

• Marked as answer by itsgonabeme Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:36 PM
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:34 PM

All replies

• We have resolved the issue.

The solution/workaround is to create a new mapping and within adapter settings of the particular mapping (in our case new one not the main adapter settings) if you provide the same information (As as in Screen Shot: 1) then it works fine and says "Connection Test successfull"

It is indeed a connector bug and the connection should have been established from the main adapter settings regardless.
    Hopefully somebody from Microsoft Connector team is/will read the issue and will resolve that bug.

• Marked as answer by itsgonabeme Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:36 PM
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:34 PM
  • @Microsoft Connector Team: (just in case if you are reading), please feel free to ping me, in case if you want to see the error in our test environment.

Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:36 PM