Off Topic:antivirus 2009 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have had the same problem with antivirus 2009. Unfortunately I downloaded it because it wouldn't let me do anything on my computer unless I did. I had AVG 8.0 and antivirus 2009 still wouldn't let me do anything on my computer. I purchased it. I accidently uninstalled it. I've been sending them nasty emails threatening to contact Dateline NBC to investigate them. They won't answer my emails or refund my money. Now I'm stuck with the $49.95 on my credit card and I can't download it to get it back. I'm angry and frustrated and a lot of other words I won't use. Something has to be done about this. It is a money scam. I guess I will take the loss but if I'm paying for it why can't I redownload it or should I even bother. I wish I would of checked this out sooner because I see I'm not the only one. How can we stop them? I'm really thinking about no I want to take action against them. When I talked to them on the phone it's always an asian person. Let me guess CHINA

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:21 PM

All replies

•  smokengt2004 wrote:

When I talked to them on the phone it's always an asian person. Let me guess CHINA

Nope it's the Russkies, maybe an Outer Mongolian, Russian Federation anyway...

http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?uid=e49c1898-310f-4786-b920-0f37b419073d
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 5:14 PM
  • smokengt2004,

Thank you for visiting the AntiVirus for OneCare forum.  Your issue is out of scope for OneCare and  we do not provide support for any other programs and would advise you to work with the current antivirus provider to sort things out.

However if you do have a virus on your computer and don't have OneCare or the AntiVirus/AntiSpyware currently

installed, please run the free PC Safety Scan at http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/default.htm if needed to check for and remove viruses.

I hope this helps,

Lori MS

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 5:24 PM