email router - Do I need it? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a small'ish (15 users but growing) Dynamics CRM Online installation via Office 365 i.e. using Exchange Online. As the system develops we are making more use of Workflow including the automatic sending of reminder emails.

Currently, all users use MS Outlook for CRM. All workflow emails are sent via MS Outlook from their individual PC's.

I am considering what will happen if a workflow is set to send a reminder email say 30 days from now and the user that started the workflow is absent for a while maybe through sickness or vacation. Will the emails not be sent because they do not login?

If the answer is yes to the above should I consider installing the email router on our one on-premise server or consider subscribing to the small number of companies providing a cloud based email routing service such as hubone.?

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 11:55 AM

Answers

• Yes, in this kind of scenario it is ideal to have email router and also if there are any generic reminder email rather then these going from normal user account , you can send them from generic account (generic user or Queue) for e.g. support@yourcompany.com or noreply@yourcompany.com

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 4:37 PM
    Answerer