Cannot download server certificate. Unified Communicator Device - Polycom RRS feed

• Question

• We are in process on configuring UC device. It is not working properly. It doesn’t allow us to login to device. We get the following error messages:

“Cannot validate server certificate. Retrying. If the problem persist contact your system administrator.” “Cannot download certificate. Retrying. If the problem persist contact your system administrator.”

We have Enterprise Root CA. We used the following command to upload the Root CA Certificate in AD.

Certutil -f -dspublish “.cer file location” RootCA

We still get the same issue when try to login to UC device.

Thanks in advance,

Muhammad 

Thursday, May 1, 2008 9:10 PM

All replies

• use the old stile login DOMAIN\User instead of User@Domain.com

We also had this problem when logging in the first time

Monday, May 5, 2008 8:44 PM
  •  

Muhammad,

Try this:
    certutil -f -dspublish <Root CA certificate in .cer file> RootCA (ie:  certutil -f -dspublish ocscert.cer RootCA) and ensure you are publishing your ROOT cert, not just the cert assigned to your OCS server.

Monday, May 5, 2008 10:33 PM
  •  

Im having the same issue.

“Cannot validate server certificate. Retrying. If the problem persist contact your system administrator.” “Cannot download certificate. Retrying. If the problem persist contact your system administrator.”

We have Enterprise Root CA.

I use domain\user authentication already. I have autoenrollment on my CA and I tried the Certutil command and it said the certificate was already there.

It still has the same error message. Is there anything else I can try?

Thursday, October 2, 2008 12:50 AM
  • In my case the issue was caused by CertSrv virtual directory on my CA. By default SSL is not enabled on CertSrv virtual directory and in my case SSL was set on CertSrv virtual directory. I unchecked the SSL from CertSrv and it fixed the issue.

Autoenrollment fails if SSL is set on CertSrv virtual directory. I hope this will fix your issue if you have tried everything else.

Thanks,

Muhammad

Thursday, October 2, 2008 2:37 AM
  • Have you also tried to use domain.com\username instead of DOMAIN\username

We have seen others on the Forums with similar problems that could get the certificate with the FQDN of the domain : domain.com\username
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 10:25 PM