Upgrading computer!! and worried about the re-validation? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folkes

Was wondering if someone can tell me the score on this little problem I have heard I will get If I upgrade My puter!!

At present i have my Vista Home premium "upgrade" installed on my main PC at home,I was using windows XP home edition, I have one or two issues when i have down loaded and installed new drivers with Vista insisting I have to re-activate ! Done this twice so far...

Well now my mother board has gone down and I am going to upgrade to a different motherboard, from AMD to Intel socket 775 which means about the only things that will still be the original Puter will be the Hard drives and the two Sli Nvidia Graphics cards.

Now my problem is that I have been told that my upgrade of Vista will no longer Re-activate as it will think its been installed to two computers, and that I will have to buy another Vista DVD?? I Hope this is not the case as Its very exspensive and there is no way I could afford to buy another copy..  Please can anyone shed some light on this for me?????

Thanks for your time~~~~~ A worried NormsSad

Saturday, July 7, 2007 10:06 AM

Answers

• After you do the hardware upgrade you should be able to activate again. This may require phone activation due to the hardware change.

Thanks,

Monday, July 16, 2007 10:24 PM

All replies

• After you do the hardware upgrade you should be able to activate again. This may require phone activation due to the hardware change.

Thanks,

Monday, July 16, 2007 10:24 PM
  • Hey!! Thanks Carl for getting back to me on this! Yep your right it was ok just went through the phone and after i explained to them that its just an upgrade to the same puter and i had the same drives with every thing still on them! they activated my Vista Fine...

So again thanks for getting back to me~~~~~~Norms Smile

Friday, July 20, 2007 11:57 PM