locked
Contact list members view not available for selecting (2013) RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I'm using an on-premise CRM 2013 implementation and was updating the "Contact List Member's View" to include a few more columns that our Marketing Department had requested.

    However, on making these changes - the view is now no longer selectable from the in-line view box on the Marketing Form. It now just shows All Contacts (which is very unhelpful).

    Is there anything I could have tripped that would have stopped it being selectable? It is neither visible on the "Related Record" option or the "All Records" view selection. The only changes I (knowingly) made was to configure sorting and add additional columns.

    Kind Regards

    Gareth


    Monday, November 10, 2014 11:08 AM

Answers

  • Hi All,

    Thanks to everyone who read this and anyone who attempted to find an answer.

    In the end I imported a fresh solution for Marketing Lists to reset everything back to it's out of the box settings.

    At first this didn't work, as CRM 2013 did not actually want to update the old form with the New solution. However, in my clean environment I set up a new form as an identical copy to the standard form and then imported that with the solution.  Amazingly, this gave CRM the kick it needed and it updated everything as required.  Even though the view in question was not included in the solution (as it is on the Contact Entity) this fixed the subgrid and allowed the view to work as I had anticipated.

    Kind Regards

    Gareth

    • Marked as answer by Gareth Preston Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:28 PM
    Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:27 PM

All replies

  • When you add or remove columns of a view make sure you got to entity customization and change the view from there.

    Regards, Saad

    Monday, November 10, 2014 11:32 AM
  • Hi Saad,

    Thanks for your response. That is where I made the changes to the view (and published the customizations).

    Kind Regards

    Gareth

    Monday, November 10, 2014 11:50 AM
  • Hi All,

    Thanks to everyone who read this and anyone who attempted to find an answer.

    In the end I imported a fresh solution for Marketing Lists to reset everything back to it's out of the box settings.

    At first this didn't work, as CRM 2013 did not actually want to update the old form with the New solution. However, in my clean environment I set up a new form as an identical copy to the standard form and then imported that with the solution.  Amazingly, this gave CRM the kick it needed and it updated everything as required.  Even though the view in question was not included in the solution (as it is on the Contact Entity) this fixed the subgrid and allowed the view to work as I had anticipated.

    Kind Regards

    Gareth

    • Marked as answer by Gareth Preston Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:28 PM
    Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:27 PM