Australia always misses out RRS feed

• Question

• Hey There.

I'm writing this because I want to stress my concerns, that Australia always misses out on specials such as the bonus pack.

I purchased Windows Vista Ultimate, and according to the part number I am eligible for the BONUS pack, however because I'm in Australia I cannot redeem it. You also had the PowerTogether promotion which gave away free copies to people, however again not in Australia.

May I ask why we never seem to have such offers, I wouldn't mind getting some extras with my copy of vista, that I have legally purchased.

Michael.
    Saturday, June 30, 2007 8:26 AM

Answers

• Dear MiCCAS,

Thank you for your input. The Buy Local program started last year as a pilot program in the US to see if there would be interest from both partners and consumers. It has been fairly successful and so we are gradually rolling it out to other countries. If you have a strong interest in seeing this program in Australia, I recommend you talk with your local system builders, and ask that they talk with their Microsoft representatives.

I also recommend that you check out www.microsoft.com/genuine/offers. This site offers free downloads and discounted offers to customers who are running genuine Windows software. Some offers on this site are world-wide, while others are specific to certain countries. The offers on that site change periodically, as well, so you might check it every few months to see if something new has been added.

Best regards,

Jenifer

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 3:50 PM
  •  

The software is only things like IE
    Thursday, December 6, 2007 10:13 PM
  • All I can say is i'm dissapointed.

I've had many people ask me what the "Advantage" part is, The best possible answer I can come up with is "It allows you to download updates and other software from Microsoft". I normally get one of two replies.

1. But I could download everything without needing this before it came out.

2. Such as what... *example product*?... I could download it without WGA anyway...

Australia is not really behind in computers... But we miss out on alot.

We have a high population->PC ratio.

Friday, December 14, 2007 11:49 PM

All replies

• Dear MiCCAS,

Thank you for your input. The Buy Local program started last year as a pilot program in the US to see if there would be interest from both partners and consumers. It has been fairly successful and so we are gradually rolling it out to other countries. If you have a strong interest in seeing this program in Australia, I recommend you talk with your local system builders, and ask that they talk with their Microsoft representatives.

I also recommend that you check out www.microsoft.com/genuine/offers. This site offers free downloads and discounted offers to customers who are running genuine Windows software. Some offers on this site are world-wide, while others are specific to certain countries. The offers on that site change periodically, as well, so you might check it every few months to see if something new has been added.

Best regards,

Jenifer

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 3:50 PM
  •  

The software is only things like IE
    Thursday, December 6, 2007 10:13 PM
  • Hi MiCCAS,

Thank you for the feedback. What appears on the /genuine/offers page varies according to country and operating system. For example, if you are running Windows Vista, you won't see offers for discounts on Vista upgrades.

Right now, you are correct - there aren't a whole lot of offers available for Australia. We're working to increase the number and variety of offers available world-wide. Check back periodically - we're changing things fairly often in the catalog.

Best regards,

Jenifer

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 5:42 AM
  • All I can say is i'm dissapointed.

I've had many people ask me what the "Advantage" part is, The best possible answer I can come up with is "It allows you to download updates and other software from Microsoft". I normally get one of two replies.

1. But I could download everything without needing this before it came out.

2. Such as what... *example product*?... I could download it without WGA anyway...

Australia is not really behind in computers... But we miss out on alot.

We have a high population->PC ratio.

Friday, December 14, 2007 11:49 PM