• Question

• Still in Beta.  Looking for feedback.

http://davemercer.org/projects/WHSEventMonitor/ReleaseNotes.aspx

Version 1.0.1.0 - Oct 29, 2007

Bug Fixes based on user feedback

• Removed spurious tooltip and fixed typos - Jerry
    • Clarified UI a little - Roy
      • added tooltips
      • changed Regex defaults in event grid view to default to "All" versus ".*"
      • warning dialog if a user selects "All" for the event types in a log to avoid spam
    • Changed msi name from SDK default - Simon
    • I now allow for unauthenticated SMTP. - Jake
          I cannot test this on my hosting service so pls let me know if it works.
    • Fixed Aggregation timer bug that nobody has noticed

Important: Uninstall any old versions first.  Failure to do so is an undefined situation.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 6:41 AM

All replies

• Cool Addin. I installed and think I have configured correctly. The "Test" says it is OK. But I'm not getting any E-Mails other than the ones from the test after config. Is there any info on how to configure and what to expect from the Addin? I know what I "Think" it will do but not 100%.

I do get the warning diag after choosing "All" and accept it thinking I'll let it send me "All" then decide where to chop it back from there. So I think I should get an E-Mail after almost everything that happens on my server. I have Reboot'd, written files, RDP'd, still no message.

Thanks, Ron

Thursday, November 1, 2007 2:58 PM
  • Are you using the latest (1.0.1.1)?

Try selecting All in all 3 fields for the HomeServer log and turning off aggregation for that log.  It should then Spam you with everything.  There is a small race condition that I have to sort out which may be responsable here.

To generate an event try remoting into your WHS or kicking a backup.  That should caus events to fire.

I have an app that I will include in the next rev of the package that will fire events to test your settings.  It's got a brutal GUI so I'm not ready to let it escape yet.

If you would like to work with me in person on this, contact me through my site and we can start direct EMail.  I wont post my EMail here to limit spam bots.

DAve

Thursday, November 1, 2007 6:45 PM
  • Cool, working now. Now I need to study the notices and decide which ones I need. Thanks, Ron

Friday, November 2, 2007 1:02 PM