Plugin & List of Changed Properties RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to write a general plugin that is triggered on Updates of an entity but has no prior knowledge which and how many fields were updated. Is a list of such properties available to the plugin including the value and type? Or do I have to get this somehow through reflection checking which ones are not null? In the later case, are all fields always nullable or could some have a value although they have not actually been changed?

Saturday, June 28, 2014 2:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In your update plugin entity object in inputproperty beg will provide you only those fields which is modified, so you can get easily fields from there and once you have fields you should be able to get their datatype using gettype method.

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Saturday, June 28, 2014 9:03 AM
  • Hi,

Whenever you write a plugin on Update, you can mention the filtering attributes where you can select those fields on which your plugin will execute.

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Thanks and Regards, Yogesh Vijay Mulay

Monday, June 30, 2014 7:00 AM