CRM 2011 Import Data - Optional Fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Does anyone know how 'optional fields' are treated in the import operation of CRM?

Why this question:
    - I have a CRM entity called car that have an optional field 'color' (this field is a lookup)
    - I have a pre-create plugin that looks to this 'color' field and print this field to a log file

I have a xml file (to use in import) with one line, this line have the color row with the value 'black'.
    I run the import wizard till the end.
    When I open the created car entity I see that field color is filled with 'black'.
    I open the log file and see that color field is not filled in the pre-create step.

So my question is when is this optional field filled? What is import execution pipeline works?

I look in web for this answer and found nothing, the closest I got was: 

MSDN - Run Data Import

Thanks.

Thanks, OF

My blog: http://ptbiztalker.blogspot.pt/ Please marked as answer if this post answers your question.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:26 PM

All replies

• Am not sure of the import execution pipeline. However, have seen that the plugin doesn't perform its operation when the context depth is checked. When triggered as part of an import job generally the depth is 2 or more. Pls check if this could be the cause.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:20 PM