Program that determines genuineness of OS needs to be fixed. RRS feed

• Question

• A little background here:

During an update produced by Microsoft for Windows 7, a flawed program is being downloaded.  This flawed program will claim that the owner of the computer does not have a genuine copy of the operating system installed.  This is happening to people who bought their computers out of a store, took the computer out of the box, used it for a week and then this flawed program gets installed and claims their OS is not legit.  Any attempts to contact Microsoft Tech support about this issue results in Microsoft acting like their coders could never make a mistake on code, it's just every other human in the world not working for Microsoft that makes mistakes.  They will insist that the program is perfect, try to tell you to contact the manufacturer about fixing the problem (Microsoft's flawed program identifying your key as not genuine) and once you tell them the manufacturer can not do anything about the problem, Microsoft tells you that you have to buy a new key.  I have been on the phone for several days, calling back multiple times after being hung up on and I can not find anyone who is willing to be reasonable and admit that there is a problem with this program and fix it.  I've experienced a similar attitude when I've tried to speak to I.T. support for Windows phone concerning problems that I've been having with my Windows phone.  The attitude you get is you're just a moron user and they are perfect and never make any coding mistakes.  The moment you mention the possibility that there could be  a problem with a program, they interrupt you and argue operator error ten ways to Sunday and want to place all blame on you, that you must have made a mistake.  So:

1. Could your I.T. people stop being so arrogant over the phone?

2. Can they admit that there may have been a mistake made somewhere in their code and look into fixing something that is clearly broken?

Seriously, people all over the place aren't buying computers from the store with pirated copies of operating systems installed. People who have had an OS on their computer for years, that initially activated/verified their software already, do not have pirated copies of an OS on their system either just because this flawed program wants to say they do and then reject their original product key.

3.Would you stop aggravating your customers by insisting that they buy new product keys when the real problem seems to be this program?

Saturday, October 31, 2015 9:58 PM

Answers

• To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool

(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once saved, run the tool.

Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.

To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.x

- in your own thread, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 9:09 AM