locked
[CRM2013] "Record Unavailable" message when re-importing an organization RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I am running into an issue while importing an organization into CRM2013 using a CRM2011 database backup.

    We are in the process of upgrading from CRM 2011 to CRM 2013.  After importing an organization for the first time, I ran into some issues where the CRM pages were not displaying properly, so I have decided to remove the organization from deployment manager, delete the database from the database server, and do a re-import of the organization.  Even though there were issues with the initial import, I was able to browse the CRM pages.

    While the re-import worked fine, I was unable to bring up the organization on the browser after the import.  I get this error:

    Record Is Unavailable

    The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it.

    This is happening when tested on different computers and different user accounts so the issue should be on the server side.

    One thing to note is that when importing the organization, the user mapping process was unable to map certain users from the existing database (likely because the users are no longer listed on active directory so the import wizard cannot pick up the user accounts), but there were no options to remove these entries from the import, aside from mapping these users manually.  I've ignored the user mapping error as a result but the import was successful regardless.

    Any ideas why I am now unable to bring up any pages in CRM at all?



    • Edited by SL. _ Friday, April 7, 2017 7:30 PM
    Friday, April 7, 2017 7:29 PM

Answers

  • Your issue seems to be more of user permissions, Make sure while mapping users, map manually and map yourself as admin.

    If still not resolved the next best way to troubleshoot is by using MSCRM tracelog and System event log. They provide exact error messages.

    How to enable tracing


    Ramanathan Rajendran MCTS - Dynamics CRM https://exptechsolutions.blogspot.com/ www.linkedin.com/in/ramanathan-rajendran

    • Marked as answer by SL. _ Tuesday, April 11, 2017 8:07 PM
    Sunday, April 9, 2017 5:24 PM

All replies

  • Your issue seems to be more of user permissions, Make sure while mapping users, map manually and map yourself as admin.

    If still not resolved the next best way to troubleshoot is by using MSCRM tracelog and System event log. They provide exact error messages.

    How to enable tracing


    Ramanathan Rajendran MCTS - Dynamics CRM https://exptechsolutions.blogspot.com/ www.linkedin.com/in/ramanathan-rajendran

    • Marked as answer by SL. _ Tuesday, April 11, 2017 8:07 PM
    Sunday, April 9, 2017 5:24 PM
  • Thanks for the advice.  Mapping a few of the admin users (including myself) did the trick for me.  Once I had access to the system, users whom I haven't manually mapped during the import process had no problems logging into CRM also.  I did have to select to manually map users during the import process though.
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 8:07 PM