Activating a reinstall RRS feed

• Question

• I am recovering from a system crash and am trying to reinstall windows xp home edition service pack 2 from the reinstall disc that came with my dell when I purchased it.  I do not have the cellophane wrappping that had a sticker on it.  Did I throw away my tag key?  How can I activate windows?
    Thanks,
    Rob
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 11:27 AM

Answers

• Hello rdspsyd,

All computers (built by large manufcturers, such as Dell) that come with Windows Pre-Installed, come with a COA sticker that is attached (at the factory) to the side or bottom of the computer. The COA Sticker contains the Product Key used during reinstall.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 9:06 PM

All replies

• Hello rdspsyd,

All computers (built by large manufcturers, such as Dell) that come with Windows Pre-Installed, come with a COA sticker that is attached (at the factory) to the side or bottom of the computer. The COA Sticker contains the Product Key used during reinstall.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 9:06 PM
  • Hello rdspsyd,

It's been my experience when using the Dell OS Reinstallation CD that it does not ask you to input a product key.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 4:17 AM