Cases Entity Onload event not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm working with the evaluation contoso VM (CRM 4.0) to create a demonstration tool. 

I've successfully embedded a map into the "Accounts" entity which zooms and centres to the location of the property, based on location attributes. 
    This was achieved by using an Iframe under a custom tab, and then using the Form's OnLoad event to create the URL that I pass to the src of the Iframe.  Nice and simple.

I now need to do the same thing in the "Cases" entity.  However, when I try to customise the Cases form, I can create all the controls, but nothing fires in terms of events.

So as an example I have placed the following code into both the OnLoad and OnSave events:

alert("boo");

and nothing happens.  The cases form opens, and shows me my nice new Iframe with a static page in there, but no firing of events occurs, at either event. 

Can anyone help me please?

Kind Regards,

Scott Tansley
    Friday, October 30, 2009 12:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you have just written

alert("boo");

there is no chance of syntax error,Just check
    1. Have you enabled event.
    2. try to reset IIS.( most of the time i solved customization issues just reseting my  contoso VM (CRM 4.0) ... :)  )

Hope it will help !!!!
    Mahain
    Friday, October 30, 2009 12:56 PM

All replies

• Are you sure you published the correct entity?
    If you're using IE8 try using debugger (F12). Maybe you made a syntactic error that prevent's onload being fired.
    Friday, October 30, 2009 12:41 PM
  • Thanks for the response.  Yep.  Everytime I try to make a change in the onload event, I change the static url of the IFrame, to ensure that the publish has worked.  Each time I then open the Cases Form I get the new URL.

literally the only code I have in the OnLoad event is:

alert("boo");

so I can't see how it can be a syntax error???

I've made the same changes to other entities, with no problems, it's just cases...

Thanks,

Scott
    Friday, October 30, 2009 12:55 PM
  • Hi,

If you have just written

alert("boo");

there is no chance of syntax error,Just check
    1. Have you enabled event.
    2. try to reset IIS.( most of the time i solved customization issues just reseting my  contoso VM (CRM 4.0) ... :)  )

Hope it will help !!!!
    Mahain
    Friday, October 30, 2009 12:56 PM
  • Mahain,

You win... Thanks - a reset of IIS has got me going...  So silly of me, new to Dynamics, and didnt' think out of the box.

Have a good day!

Scott
    Friday, October 30, 2009 1:02 PM
  • Hi Scott,

This might be related to caching on your browser, try to go to Internet Options | Browsing history | Settings, change the radio button to "Every time I visit the web page", click OK. Refresh your page to see if it works for you.

I hope this helps!

Darren Liu | 刘嘉鸿 | MS CRM MVP | English Blog: http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com | Chinese Blog: http://liudarren.spaces.live.com
    Friday, October 30, 2009 1:02 PM
  • Hi,

I would rather agree with Darren and the caching issue. If you are going to do more client side (Javascript) coding, I would recommend you some tips mentioned here: http://blogs.inetium.com/blogs/azimmer/archive/2009/03/08/five-tips-for-productive-form-scripting-in-crm-4-0.aspx (using external files is really helpful). After successful development you can still paste all the developed code into CRM directly.

Happy developing!
    Friday, October 30, 2009 1:10 PM