none
Streets and Trips 2011 won't install on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to install Streets and Trips 2011 on Windows 10 laptop the following message appears "one of the prerequisite components failed to install setup will now exit.

When responding to a post by Ramona 1945, tsandme2 said " I had to have Microsoft install the hot patch to get it past the initialization error."

My question is how do I get this patch?  I am not inclined to pay Microsoft for a service call.

Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:27 PM

All replies

• one of the prerequisite components failed to install setup will now exit.

This is the first error message that I got. What I did was to load the files from the DVD unto my documents.  Then look for the “Streets” folder. Open the folder.  Open the MSMap folder, hopefully you will find a “data” file icon. Double click on it. It will start the same installation process as the disc. (the installation lasted for a long time.)  I then got the following message:

a licensing initialization error occurred. Please contact customer support for more assistance. error 0x800 70005

Click on the Windows 10 icon. Hopefully the installation process got far enough to install the S&T 2011 icon. Look for it and right click on it.  Click on “more”. Click on “Administrator” .  After a couple of screens it will ask you for the license key. I hope you have it!  I entered the key and my program is now working.

I thought that I was going to have to delete all my map files, but I am back in business. Good luck!

NOTE: Disclaimer:  When I was using S&T 2011 on Windows 8.1 I had to find two files to be able to install the program: ST2011 Installer and ST2011. I do not know what they did but I installed them on the desktop and the program worked. I hope you can find those files in the internet. They were not part of the DVD.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 12:09 AM
  • The missing component is the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable. I downloaded it from Microsoft and installed it first. Then my S&T 2011 installed with no issues. 
    Tuesday, January 15, 2019 9:59 PM