High Definition Audio Driver Package KB835221 RRS feed

• Question

•  My computer (Dell XPS 400 Windows XP) completely crashed due to a very nasty virus and everything was wiped out. I am fairly computer knowledgable but could not fix it. I had all the applications disc's but my computer couldn't even read them. I finally had to call a service repair company. The guy that came out, I think he put this on my computer, I don't remember seeing it before and now the sound on my computer doesn't work and even he couldn't figure out why. My computer came with SoundBlaster 24 and I have check and all the defaults are set to this. I hear crackling in my speakers and before the virus they worked just fine. Is this application need to be on my computer or is it the problem? Should I take it off or does someone know how I can fix my sound? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    • Moved by justingrant Sunday, August 31, 2008 9:54 PM moving to more appropriate forum (Moved from MSDN and TechNet Search Feedback to Where is the Forum For…?)
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:29 PM

Answers

All replies

•   You have posted to the wrong forum. This forum is for feedback on the Search feature of the MSDN and Technet sites.
    John Saunders | Use File->New Project to create Web Service Projects
    Saturday, August 30, 2008 11:33 PM
  •  

Hello Debty, 

Thank you for your post!  Unfortunately there is not a current forum to post the question you are asking so I would recommend that you post you question to one of the 'microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware'  located here:  http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware&cat=en_us_e5435470-8fe7-4dec-9aaf-15d84c2bd21b&lang=en&cr=us

Hope that helps!

• Proposed as answer by SachinW Wednesday, October 8, 2008 8:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by SachinW Thursday, November 6, 2008 10:06 AM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 8:37 AM
  • 补丁在哪里

Friday, July 10, 2009 5:49 AM
  • hello I’m from china just now I read your question of your computer..... the problem is the same as mine so I want to ask whether have you solved the problem? how to solve it? thank you !
    Saturday, April 24, 2010 2:50 AM
  • You have windows messenger or windows live messenger loaded. Open up windows media player and turn off all the plugins to this program..

Do not open up media player whilst you are onnected to the net..It is sending your sound to your messenger friends but not your own sound card.. It's a weird one , but there you go.. lol

Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:48 PM