Frustrate User RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Dell PC with W2k.

The validation simply do not work.

I had tech support send me emails after snail to help me get the automatic update kind of working.  But when I try to download anything on the site it tells me it can not validate.  I told me support person but she did not know how to fix it.

If microsoft want to know if my window is a legal copy then come take a look or set up shops where we can take it in for validation as last resort.

I consider myself as an expert user.  If it frustrating to me could you imaging how frustrating will be to regular user.

Tuesday, July 4, 2006 4:32 AM

Answers

• Windows Genuine Advantage is not required with Windows 2000. It is only required by the direct access of the Windows Update service for users of Windows XP including Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional and Windows XP Media Center Edition.
    Tuesday, July 4, 2006 5:37 AM

All replies

• Windows Genuine Advantage is not required with Windows 2000. It is only required by the direct access of the Windows Update service for users of Windows XP including Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional and Windows XP Media Center Edition.
    Tuesday, July 4, 2006 5:37 AM
  • Great!

I need to know why I could download before but I can not now.  It keep saying I do not have a legal copy and can not validate.

I had microsoft tech support help me before and it did not resolve the problem.  I told her that but never got another support call back.

Tuesday, July 4, 2006 10:01 PM