populate city & state based off of zip code in CRM 2013 online using relationship and business process RRS feed

• Question

• I am in need of some help. These Business Processes are fairly new and I am trying to wrap my head around them.

I use the Ipad app for dynamics crm 2013 online and currently we have javscript in place which throws errors on the App...

I would like to populate city, state, country and branch based off the zip code on the Lead entity.....

What I had planned to do was create a zipcode entity and put city, state, zip, country, branch on it....

After that, I wanted to creatae a business rule saying something like if it matches the zip on zipcode entity, populate the other fields on the lead.

This is all theory as I am not familiar with the business processes or 'real time workflows'...  Can someone help guide me with this please or point me to a site where it shows examples of something like this??

Thanks much,

Friday, July 11, 2014 2:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Adam,

Business rules will not get you there. Workflows either. Real time workflows would do the trick, but the programming also needs to be done, because workflows do not "fetch" records, so you would have to build those steps.

Javascript is the option here. Here is an example: http://mscrmsupport.com/category/crm2011/ (Seek the thread about "populating city based on post code...").Hope this can be helpful to you :)

Luck!

Romeo

Friday, July 11, 2014 6:16 PM
  • And javascript wont do the trick either, as its not supported on the app as you requested. Only way to do this supported is either by a VERY VERY huge business rule, which you do not want, or by plugin.

Rune Daub Senior Consultant - Dynateam CRM http://www.dynateam.dk

Monday, July 14, 2014 10:58 AM
  • Thanks for your reply and example, I got side tracked as we are still building out other areas of the company and have not had a chance to test it. I do appreciate your reply though.
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 4:13 PM
  • Thanks for the follow up Rune!

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 4:13 PM