Moved Thread RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Yes, assuming the user choose to receive alerts in settings or subscribe by clicking the "alert me button".

And of cause the alert system needs to be working at that time...

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, August 2, 2010 9:04 PM
  • hello........friend

Ed Hickey, a Microsoft Moderator, has moved a thread from one forum to another.

thanks...........

-------------------------------

<!--table {mso-displayed-decimal-separator:"\."; mso-displayed-thousand-separator:"\,";} @page {margin:1.0in .75in 1.0in .75in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in;} tr {mso-height-source:auto;} col {mso-width-source:auto;} br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;} td {padding-top:1px; padding-right:1px; padding-left:1px; mso-ignore:padding; color:windowtext; font-size:10.0pt; font-weight:400; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; font-family:Arial; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-charset:0; mso-number-format:General; text-align:general; vertical-align:bottom; border:none; mso-background-source:auto; mso-pattern:auto; mso-protection:locked visible; white-space:nowrap; mso-rotate:0;} .xl24 {text-align:center; vertical-align:middle; border:.5pt solid windowtext; background:white; mso-pattern:auto none; white-space:normal;} -->
    For connecting to remote desktop of another computer (via internet or network) and controls.  Also connecting to VNCServer through Repeater or directly to VNCServer and a lot of other configuration options. For more details [url=http://www.abtollc.com/VNCViewer.aspx /]VNCServer [/url]

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 6:51 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

The alert system doesn't work. 
    I have never received an email telling me that someone has replied to a thread.
    I think Microsoft have acknowledged this is a problem.

Therefore, by moving a thread, the originator of the thread may not know where it is and any replies or solutions other people post will go un-noticed, i.e. will be a waste of everyone's time.

IT SEEMS THIS NEEDS A FIX AND IN THE MEANTIME USERS NEED TO BE NOTIFIED MANUALLY.

Geoff.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 9:51 AM
  • mmm, try the Forum issues forum if you have subscribed to the post being moved.

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 4:15 PM
  • Thanks.

I've made a suggestion here:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/suggest/thread/12c8872b-e3d3-457f-8cd8-07bbff07f63b

Do you know if alerts are now supposed to be working?
    Do you receive alerts?

TIA
    Geoff

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 1:16 PM
  • They are supposed to work all the time. But this is where the most bug is in the forum platform.

Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 2:47 PM
  • Please ignore this post.

I'm attempting to locate this moved thread.

Geoff

Monday, July 9, 2012 7:26 PM
  • It seems that my contributions to another thread, which I made nearly two years ago, have been extracted from that thread and placed this separate thread above. As such, it seems meaningless.  It seems odd indeed that, presumably, a moderator has taken this action. For the record, email notifications, which were not working for me in 2010, seem to have been working for some time, so I have been notified that this oddity has happened. 

Geoff

Monday, July 9, 2012 7:34 PM