A Microsoft Dynamics CRM Window was unable to open RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have one ribbon in CRM 2011, which will take the ID as a querystring parameter from the CRM grid and pass to the asp.net application. When im trying to do limited records at the time, it is working. But when im selecting more than 100 records and then im cliking the ribbon, At that time im receiving the below error. I have gone through all the blogs which is recommended, but no luck. Can anyone suggest.

Note : im facing this problem in web too.

Error : "A Microsoft  Dynamics CRM window was unable to open, and may have been blocked by a pop-up blocker. .......... pop-up blocker allows to open new windows:serveraddress.

Regards,

Karthik S

Thursday, January 2, 2014 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Karthik,

I suspect you are reaching the limit of the url length. Rather than using the query string, I suggest you use a javascript action that can access an array of selected items (see http://ribbonworkbench.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/129783-pass-the-currently-selected-grid-row-s-to-a-custo). You can then pass these to your new window using a javascript call back (by referencing window.opener) 

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, January 2, 2014 10:26 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Scott,

Appreciate your help. I tried with passing CRM parameter also.

<

CrmParameterName="data"Value="SelectedControlSelectedItemIds"/>

This also having the same problem.

Regards,

Karthik S

Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:13 AM
  • Hi,

Try SelectedControlAllItemReferences instead as per Scott's link. If it still fails, clear browser's cache.

Ronald

Thursday, January 2, 2014 9:09 PM
  • Hi Ronald,

I tried applying SelectedControlAllItemReferences, but im getting enumeration error while importing the solution. Instead applied "SelectedControlAllItemIds", again it is showing pop-blocker even selecting single record. I hope problem in the browser which exceeds its limitation.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208427

Regards,

Karthik S

Friday, January 3, 2014 11:06 AM
  • Sorry, meant to say SelectedControlSelectedItemReferences, not SelectedControlAllItemReferences (if you are following instructions from Scott's link)

I believe you are still trying to open a page with <Url> (RibbonDiffXml) instead of processing selected IDs with <JavaScriptFunction> (RibbonDiffXml) within websource JS as suggested by the link. You can use with SelectedControlSelectedItemIds or SelectedControlSelectedItemReferences depending on you needs, then open you page with POST from JavaScript to get around the URL length limitation.

Ronald

• Edited by Ronald Liu Friday, January 3, 2014 5:29 PM
    Friday, January 3, 2014 4:35 PM
  • Hi Ronald,Scott,

Thanks for your help. Now i can able to retrieve the selected ids using <Javascript>, but not getting how to pass the bulk values to the aspx page. I m unable to understand the POST method from Ronald post.

Can anyone please elaborate and help me :)

- Karthik S

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 6:55 AM
  • Hi,

The function call is already written for you. You need to include it into the same JS file and modify how it processes the data parameter to accommodate your list of GUIDs. You will also need to figure out how those GUIDs will be stored within the in-memory form .

Ronald

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 6:49 PM