Version: 1.5.540.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>742dca60-9ac1-4240-96b2-d0c633bd3a39</UGUID><Version>1.5.0545.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-PDMQW</PKey><PID>55274-641-6648954-23464</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2000478354-117609710-725345543</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Sony Corporation</Manufacturer><Model>PCV-RX860(UC)</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Award Software, Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>ACPI BIOS Revision 1001</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20020820000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>E1CE30770184A053</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Central Standard Time(GMT-06:00)</TimeZone></MachineData>      <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57596</Pid></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults>  

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 1:57 AM

Answers

• yes i have cds for the computer i had no clue all of this was bootlegged i got this from a certified microsoft person. he wiped my comp and put this on here i also have a real microsoft word cd. the cds are from sony that has the system recovery. here is what is on the cd from sony i got this with my computer back in 2001 it came with 3 recover cds and 3 appication recovery cds

sony system recovery cd
    pcv-rz10/rx800 series version v70.0
     i hope this helps and i really want to fix my comp with out reformating i just dont have everything to do that atm. is there anything else i need to know about that maybe bootleg?

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 3:11 AM
  • Karpathos,

Please back up and offload any data that you want to save (docs, pix, music, email, files from personal financial software such as Money or Quicken, etc etc), then use the Recovery CDs to put the original installation of Windows back onto the computer.

Once that is done you will be 100% Genuine.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 2:14 PM
  • Karpathos,

You got the Windows part fixed , but what about the Office part?

Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition probably has everything you need, and is the best Office 2003 value for home use---one copy is allowed to be installed on up to three computers in a noncommercial environment, so you can get legal with Office and get two additional installations for other computers in your household.  I see it advertised for as low as $119 after rebate.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/compare.mspx

Friday, September 22, 2006 3:18 PM

All replies

• Karpathos,

Right now, your Sony computer has a Volume Licensing (VL) edition of XP Pro installed (Line 7), and that installation was done with an invalid Volume Licensing Key (VLK) (Line 2).  VLKs are invalidated by Microsoft at the report of the original keyholder for such reasons as the key was lost, stolen, compromised, or misused.  Also, MS may have invalidated the key if it was generated by a non-MS Key Generator program.

As a rule, VL editions of XP should not be sold to individual consumers.  Businesses, schools and gov'ts normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers.

This is why you were seeing the "software counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of XP is an unauthorized installation.

More bad news:  Your installation of Office 2003 Pro is also nongenuine (Office status=114 means nongenuine).  If this comes as a surprise to you, please return to the place where you purchased it and demand that you either be given genuine licensed software or a refund.  In any case, please remove the nongenuine installation of Office from your computer as soon as possible.

The next step in the process is to look on the computer or with the materials you received with the computer or with Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticty (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering? We would expect to see Sony on the COA.

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  Click here:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

When new, it's almost a certainty that your Sony shipped from Sony with a licensed installation of Windows.  Correcting the current problem could be as simple as installing the copy of Windows provided by Sony with the computer.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 2:44 AM
  • yes i have cds for the computer i had no clue all of this was bootlegged i got this from a certified microsoft person. he wiped my comp and put this on here i also have a real microsoft word cd. the cds are from sony that has the system recovery. here is what is on the cd from sony i got this with my computer back in 2001 it came with 3 recover cds and 3 appication recovery cds

sony system recovery cd
    pcv-rz10/rx800 series version v70.0
     i hope this helps and i really want to fix my comp with out reformating i just dont have everything to do that atm. is there anything else i need to know about that maybe bootleg?

• also the cds will no reconize the computer now since that reformat oh also the key sticker in the back is Retail COA Label is the one issued in 2000 on the back of my sony vaio
  • Do you have a COA sticker on the laptop?

What version of WIndows is it for?

-phil

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 8:26 AM
  • Karpathos,

Please back up and offload any data that you want to save (docs, pix, music, email, files from personal financial software such as Money or Quicken, etc etc), then use the Recovery CDs to put the original installation of Windows back onto the computer.

Once that is done you will be 100% Genuine.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 2:14 PM
  • well once i put the cd in it says its not designed for this computer. im only 17 and i trusted this man to fix my computer yet now i seem to be screwed from it :P tahnks for all your help i guess i need to save up some money to get a new cd or somthing
    Wednesday, September 20, 2006 6:42 PM
  • Karpathos,

Are you using the correct set of CDs for your model of Sony?  If you have another Sony in your household, and you accidentally mix up the CDs, you will get the "not designed for this computer" message.  Likewise if you try to use say a Dell Recovery CD in a Sony computer, and vice versa.

See this page http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=PCVRX860  at Sony for more info you your model.  Click on the Hot Topics box in the upper right, then click on the link:  Information about Recovery Media.....

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 7:44 PM
  • ya im using the right cds its the only ones that came with it. i dunno what this dude did to my comp. im afraid im goin to get in trouble for this bootleg windows. is there a way to use my key on the back of my computer to get a new windows cd?
    Wednesday, September 20, 2006 8:02 PM
  •  

Do you have a COA sticker on the laptop?

What version of WIndows is it for?

-phil

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 8:25 PM
  • yes lol i have been over this its a windows xp coa on the back of my vaio i really want to use that key but my computer will not reconize the system restore cds now it says that there are not ment for this comp...
    Thursday, September 21, 2006 2:14 AM
  • its a desktop also
    Thursday, September 21, 2006 5:01 AM
  • Karpathos,

See this page http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=PCVRX860  at Sony for more info you your model.  Click on the Hot Topics box in the upper right, then click on the link:  Information about Recovery Media.....  This link has several articles about why the computer is displaying the message about the CDs being wrong for the computer.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 5:13 PM
  • thank you it is fixed now im really happy i got this fixed
    Friday, September 22, 2006 2:33 PM
  • Karpathos,

You got the Windows part fixed , but what about the Office part?

Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition probably has everything you need, and is the best Office 2003 value for home use---one copy is allowed to be installed on up to three computers in a noncommercial environment, so you can get legal with Office and get two additional installations for other computers in your household.  I see it advertised for as low as $119 after rebate.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/compare.mspx

Friday, September 22, 2006 3:18 PM
  • i have a copy of microsoft word 2001 but thank you atm i have no money to buy that
    Friday, September 22, 2006 5:27 PM
  •  Karpathos wrote:
    i have a copy of microsoft word 2001 but thank you atm i have no money to buy that

Then please reinstall Microsoft Word 2001 and uninstall the current copy of Office you have before any further issues occur...

-phil

Friday, September 22, 2006 7:15 PM