Computers disappeared in Dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• The dashboard of WHS 2011 no longer displays any computers.

Only two error messages:

Some services failed to start

Server backup disk is almost full.

I tried starting some of the services that weren't started but this didn't help.

All computer clients can still access the shared server folders.

<Network> selected from a client or servershows entire network.

I removed all add-ons.

I exported the services file if that would help, but its a pain to read.

Any thoughts?

Richard
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Olaf,

Thank you for the suggestions. I tried everything. Everytime I tried to do something a piece of the dashboard or backup was missing.  The backup only showed the last backup which was listed as failed. I gave up this morning and reinstalled the program.

I learned my lesson about backups that are getting close to full. I must admit, I was surprised that the system wasn't smart enough to realize the back up was too full for the latest backup.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my problem.

Richard
    • Marked as answer by k0rww Monday, January 23, 2012 7:51 PM
    • Edited by k0rww Monday, January 23, 2012 7:54 PM spelling
    Monday, January 23, 2012 7:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Richard,

which are these "some services"?

How full is the disk holding the backups?

Check the link provided in the thread Wiki: How to fix the Server Backup Service exception "One or more services are not running” for SBS 2011 Essentials, WHS 2011 and WSS 2008 R2 Essentials.

If this does not solve the issue I would assume the disk was full, therefore a backup failed in the middle of the process, causing the backup database to be corrupted or not being able to be loaded due to lack of disk space.

This could cause the services crash.

If you don't mind you can try to delete the client backup files (or move them to a larger disk as a first attempt).

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Monday, January 23, 2012 10:58 AM
  • Hi Olaf,

Thank you for the suggestions. I tried everything. Everytime I tried to do something a piece of the dashboard or backup was missing.  The backup only showed the last backup which was listed as failed. I gave up this morning and reinstalled the program.

I learned my lesson about backups that are getting close to full. I must admit, I was surprised that the system wasn't smart enough to realize the back up was too full for the latest backup.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my problem.

Richard
    • Marked as answer by k0rww Monday, January 23, 2012 7:51 PM
    • Edited by k0rww Monday, January 23, 2012 7:54 PM spelling
    Monday, January 23, 2012 7:50 PM