Password RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, i really need some help.

I was messing around with some command prompt commands and i was experimenting with "net user (name) /random". While doing this i also did "net user (name) * and changed my password. Then i did the first command again. Little did i know, performing both of these commands would take away my original password. I though that i would still have the password i made with the "net user (name)*" command, but no. Now i have no idea what my password is, and i have no password recovery disk to reset it and get back. Can i please have some help with this?

Thursday, May 30, 2013 7:45 PM

Answers

• A) This is the area used only for forum issues.  You need to post your question in one of the areas devoted to whatever OS you are using.

B) If your post is true, you have hosed yourself and will need to find some very specialized tools.  You should not do magic that you do not understand.

• Proposed as answer by Naomi N Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Monday, June 10, 2013 7:41 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:49 PM
  • You need to ask in a Microsoft Answers/Community forum. I cannot move this question there, so you will need to go to this link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/security?tm=1369950079259

You can select your version of Windows, but I have selected the topic "Security, Privacy, and Accounts", as that seems the most appropriate for your problem.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Monday, June 3, 2013 4:16 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:43 PM

All replies

• A) This is the area used only for forum issues.  You need to post your question in one of the areas devoted to whatever OS you are using.

B) If your post is true, you have hosed yourself and will need to find some very specialized tools.  You should not do magic that you do not understand.

• Proposed as answer by Naomi N Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:23 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:49 PM
  • You need to ask in a Microsoft Answers/Community forum. I cannot move this question there, so you will need to go to this link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/security?tm=1369950079259

You can select your version of Windows, but I have selected the topic "Security, Privacy, and Accounts", as that seems the most appropriate for your problem.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Monday, June 3, 2013 4:16 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:43 PM