Installing Office 2007 (Enterprise) on a PC with no DVD ROM drive RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a copy of Office (2007 Enterprise edition) with multiple licenses (at least 2 and possibly 3) and installed it onto my laptop with no problems.

Now, I want to install it onto another computer using one of the spare licenses. However, this computer is a netbook with no DVD ROM drive. Ok, I *could* go and buy a portable DVD drive and use that but, frankly, I'd prefer not to have to do that. So, I am looking for any other solutions. I was hoping that there was a place I could download the set up files from an official Microsoft source (because I know that there are a lot of dodgy illegal downloads out there and certainly don't want to use any of them) and simply use my product key to activate it. However, I cannot seem to find an option for this anywhere on any official site.

So, if anyone out there has any solutions which would avoid me having to fork out for a new portable DVD, I'd be most grateful.

Thursday, September 9, 2010 3:57 PM

Answers

• Hello David Lascelles,

You wrote, "I bought a copy of Office (2007 Enterprise edition) with multiple licenses (at least 2 and possibly 3)..."

Office Enterprise 2007 is a Volume Licensing Product ONLY, normally sold under a Volume Licensing Agreement to larger businesses, educational institutions, government agencies, and the like.  Office Enterprise 2007 is NEVER properly sold to a regular retail customer.  Organizations with the proper type of Volume Licensing Agreement are permitted to offer as a perk the opportunity for their employees to inexpensively (less than $20 incl shipping) purchase one license for Office Enterprise 2007 directly from Microsoft (thru their digital distribution partner Digital River) under the "Home Use Program."  This license is only valid while the employee maintains employment with the employer who hosted the Home Use Program.

If you purchased Office Enterprise 2007 from any sort of retail store, online retailer, or auction site, there's about a 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% chance it is nongenuine due to software piracy or outright counterfeiting.

On your laptop computer, please follow these instructions:

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Run" several times to download and start the Utility.  When asked, click the "Continue" button.  When the utility completes its run, click the "Copy" button, then come back here and paste the report into your post.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    • Edited by Dan at IT Associates Thursday, September 9, 2010 4:59 PM typo and added employment info
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:38 PM
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 4:58 PM