DLL ____ problem RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a hard time getting reference in vs2010 working consistently across different computers.  I think it has to do with sync 1, and sync  2 installed on the same machine but am not sure.  I've changed my build to be x86 only sometimes and that seems to help.

My question is how can I set my vs2010 references to work 100% of the time correctly for building apps with v2 of the sync framework and v3 data providers?

It's really getting quite frustrating moving projects between different machines.

For example, I'm travelling right now with a different notebook computer that I just loaded vs2010 on.  I did a default install which might have included the sync framework libraries.  I downloaded the sync v2 download x86, and now when I try and rebuild a the project that was working on another computer, I get the error below.  I'm pretty sure is new in sync 2 but don't know how to get rid of it without doing lots of add and remove of references.

Again, I'm looking for a bullet proof way to get my dev box setup so things run everytime.  BTW, I have not installed synctoy 2.1 on this computer which seems to install stuff that may help or hurt.

Thanks

Error 17 The type or namespace name 'SqlServer' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.Synchronization.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?) 

Peter Kellner http://peterkellner.net Microsoft MVP • ASPInsider
    Friday, July 16, 2010 6:19 PM