Could Do Any Certification But What Certification I should Do RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All.....

I have got a BS & MS Degree in Computer Sciences. During my studies I worked in ASP, C++ & VB6, a little Oracle and Access. Now the problem I have is that I have not worked in any pure IT/CS job. So I don't have any experience nor I am in touch with any technology so that I can get a better IT/CS job. I want to get back into the mainstream. I discussed with friends and teachers and I have been advised to do some certification. Now the problem I face is that I don't know what certification to do. Which would suit me, which would be good in the long run etc. I cant experiment at this stage of time. So I need to be sure about what certification would be good for me with respect of my aptitude, market requirements, salary scales, future changes . . . . . I mean there is so much and I really need some expert advice on this.

Thanks
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 3:36 PM

Answers

• You can buy any car, but what car should you buy? Your question is such a personal choice and not one we can make for you. Here is something I can tell you. Certifications are designed to prove proficiency in a specific technology or skill set. They are not for those out of touch with technology. That is not to say that you cannot set out to achieve a certification. It simply means that you are not at that point yet.

I would advise you to browse the Microsoft Learning site and get to know the certifications available. Find something that you are interested in. After all, you will be the person doing the studying and work. You should like what you will be doing! :)
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, Consumer Support Technician
    MCTS: Windows Vista - Configuration,
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Start. Research. Plan. Perform. Finish. Test. Evaluate.
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 5:41 PM