locked
SP1 - Here's what worked for me! RRS feed

  • General discussion

  • For what it's worth, I finally got SP1 to install after trying all the suggestions listed here, here's what I did:

     

    Uninstalled Live OneCare

    Downloaded and ran the Live OneCare Cleanup Tool

    Re-installed Live One Care

    Went to C;\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and deleted all files

    Downloaded & Ran the Stand Alone Vista SP1 file

     

    For whatever reason it worked! Nearest I can figure, I must have been trying to install a corrupted copy of SP1 and by removing the corrupt downloaded files and then downloading another and valid copy, SP1 updated without a hitch! 

    Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:08 PM

All replies

  • billcarney,

     

    Thank you for visiting the Windows Live OneCare program forum. Thank you for posting what worked for your machine. An additional comment I have is that stand alone update files like ISO's, Powerpacks, and Service Pack ISO's can be tempermental to do outside of Microsoft Windows Update. I am glad to hear everything worked out for you. I will keep a note of your troubleshooting steps.

     

    Thanks for visiting the Live OneCare program forum.


    Rick, MS

     

    Sunday, September 21, 2008 2:59 AM
    Moderator