none
Does the sunset version of Money permit the use of different currencies? RRS feed

• Question

• I have Money 2007 Deluxe version 16.0.120.1303.  Most of my accounts are set up in British pounds, with a couple in Barbadian dollars.  (I am British but live in Barbados.)  If I convert to the Sunset version, will I be able to continue in this way?  In other words, will it be possible to import my current Money file and to maintain and continue to enter money transactions in British pounds and in Barbadian dollars to mirror my existing arrangements?  I am currently using a PC where the OS is Vista Home Premium.  However, the machine may well need replacing before too long and I wish to be able to continue to maintain my accounts in Money.  The online services have never been significant for me and their loss will be no problem.  Thank you - I hope you can help.
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 5:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• I am aware of that Dominic, thank you.  I am trying to find a way forward that will enable me to continue after 31 January that will also enable me to transfer my records and allow the entry of future transactions.  My question is specifically about the capabilities of the Sunset version - can you answer that please?  And while I am on the subject, perhaps you can tell me where I can actually find the Sunset version for download, since the method described by the Money page is rubbish viz "go to the Microsoft Downloads site and search for Money sunset".  I did that and the search returned no results!  What a shambles!
    Sharmian R M Niel
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 9:42 PM
  • I just verified that the download links are still good - find them here: http://microsoftmoneyoffline.wordpress.com/2010/05/07/microsoft-releases-money-plus-deluxe-sunset-edition/ 

and although it is the US edition, it will work with multiple currencies.  As long as your Money 2007 is the US version (my guess is that it is), your data file will work fine.

• Proposed as answer by ameridan Sunday, January 9, 2011 10:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sharmian Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:39 PM
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 10:13 PM
  • Hi Ameridan - thank you very much indeed for this reply!  I am going to check it all out today or tomorrow and will report back here after that to let you and others, who may be interested, know how it went!  Thank you again - wish me luck!
    Sharmian R M Niel
    Monday, January 10, 2011 2:07 PM
  • Hi Ameridan

Just wanted to say a big thank you for all the help.  I followed your link and read the information you had placed there, deactivated my online services and Windows Live ID and took a deep breath!  It all worked fine and in fact, apart from the opening box, the programme looks exactly like my old version.  I have done some work in it today and all went as before.  I am delighted and relieved that I can continue to use Money in this revised version.  I have also kept the installation file, as well as backed it up on a remote hard drive for safety.  Again, I cannot thank you enough!

Kind regards

Sharmian

Sharmian R M Niel
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:39 PM