OneCare FW and update issues RRS feed

• Question

• I recently installed OneCare and have been having the issue with both my firewall not turning off and none of the updates working.  In addition, none of the fixes that I attempted have worked.  Those have included downloading and installing the firewall update and repair tool (and rebooting twice since I'm running Windows XP Media Center Edition), trying the fix actions in the OneCare help file (repair issues related to problems turning on the OneCare firewall and Restart OneCare Service) and uninstalling and reinstalling OneCare.  I've been running Spybot in the background but even with that turned off, none of the attempted fixes have worked.  Any suggestions?

FWIW, the support log for the firewall reports the following:

Firewall policy update for policy 'WinSSFW', version '1.2.0.118' failed. Error Code = '8A150106'

The virus and spyware versions that OneCare reports that I'm using are:

AV DeltaSad1.29.7671.0), AV BaseSad1.29.7100.0), AS DeltaSad1.29.7671.0), AS BaseSad1.29.7100.0) AM EngineSad1.1.3301.0), AM ProductSad1.5.1944.0)

Friday, March 14, 2008 2:31 AM

Answers

•  

I think you should contact OneCare support on this. The support data you posted actually show the antivirus and antispyware data and it is up to date (actually newer than what I show on this machine). Your problem seems to be specific to the firewall rules part of the signatures and may well be a permissions issue or corruption of the database.

Do you mean firewall not turning "on" or "off?" I suspect that you mean "on."

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, March 14, 2008 12:32 PM