Concatenate multiple reports RRS feed

• Question

• I have a task to create a Reporting Services local report which has 6 different sections 5 of which have a many to one relationship with the master record (An employee).  I have accomplished it so that when the user selects the person, 6 stored procedures are run which return 6 separate data tables which represent the 6 data sources for the report. 

It was originally presented to me as a "select a person, produce one report" so this seemed workable, until they decided they wanted to group the employees by cost center and product multiple pages for the report, one for each employee.

Given the data structure of 6 data sources I can not come up with a way to make it one report, so I would like to send each report to the viewer one at a time and then present the viewer at the end of all records.

Has anyone dealt with this kind of issue? 

It would seem that I need a way to leave the stream open until I have sent multiple reports to the viewer

Thursday, November 13, 2008 9:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• I am attempting another way, and that is to have subreports filtered by the current records employee ID.  I am getting errors and have not quite gotten it to work.  I have read that one should use tables instead of subreports, but I cannot see how I would do that.

The general structure of the report is that you would have a top section with employee information and then 5 other sections with items that are a many to one, such as listing their projects, certifications, criminal convictions (LOL!)
    Each of the criminal convictions would be listed with a description of the getaway car.

So, this is easy if you only have one page to print out, but if you are going to print out a whole department of convicted felons then it gets difficult.

I have already found that the winforms report viewer has additional features which may help here, but this is a web environment.
    Friday, November 14, 2008 4:45 AM
  •  Please re-post your question at the SQL Reporting Service forum and they should be able to assist you:

http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=82&SiteID=1
    Hongwei Sun -MSFT
    Friday, November 14, 2008 5:34 PM
  • LOL.

I have no idea how I happend to post this here.
    Must have been the extra glass of wine.
    Sorry.
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 8:39 PM