CX700 (1.0.452.0) and R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I still have some Tanjays with Firmware 1.0.452.0 around. ucupdates.<domain> is pointing to the VIP of the OCS R2 pool (behind a loadbalancer).

When I open the Log file from IIS I see the request from the phone hitting the servers. The Phone asks for /UCDeviceUpdates/ucdevice.upx but the IIS send Error 404 back because the directory doesn´t exists.

What shell I do to get the firmware loaded?

Best regards Edgar
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 3:01 PM

All replies

• Edgar, unfortunately, you need an R1 server and Update Server to get those devices up to the R2 firmware initially. You really have two options:
    1. Install an R1 pool and update server. Enable a user on that pool and sign in to the Tanjay with it to get it updated with R2 bits. After the devices are updated you can deactivate the servers.
    2. Find a buddy who still has an R1 server and Update Server around that you can bring the Tanjays over and have them sign in to their pool so the phones are updated for you. This method will probably require the purchase of a few drinks on you. :)
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 11:47 PM
  • Hi,

we still have the IIS server and the Sharepoint Service installed. R1 has allready been uninstalled completly.

May this be of any help?

Best regards Edgar
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:31 AM
  • I think you should be able to install a new R1 pool and configure the device update service on there to hook into your existing SharePoint Services installation.
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:17 PM
  • Actually, Rui Silva just posted an awesome article on the R2 update service: http://blogs.technet.com/ucspotting/archive/2009/03/11/troubleshooting-ocs-2007-r2-device-update-service-for-communicator-phone-edition.aspx

I wasn't aware of the interim update it deploys - it may be worth giving that a shot.
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:21 PM
  • Hi, I have OCS r1 with Update Server installed. My Tanjay says "Last Update Status 0x2f06". As far as i understand it meens that certificate field CN is incorrect. But what certifcate does it mean? Certificate of SPS server? or certificate of OCS server? Or what else?
    MCP, MCSA, MCSE 2003
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 2:54 PM
  • Monday, April 20, 2009 2:09 PM