none
Exporting stops to excell RRS feed

• Question

• I have S&T 2010, I want to export my route stops in order to excel, can this be done?
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 12:13 PM

All replies

• No or not properly. A route could be written out but it has directions/etc.

Typically people just want the route stops and pushpins which were used to create them - this can be programmed with MapPoint (MapPoint has a programming internface - Streets &Trips does not).  The fundamental problem is that MapPoint/S&T does not know the pushpins were used to create the waypoints. So you can export the pushpins but MapPoint does not know that us humans think they have a specific order.

As well as custom programming, we ave a product (MPRouteWriter) which does this for MapPoint (notS&T).

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:26 PM
  • I beg to differ, Richard. 

Route stops can easily be exported to Excel by using the "Export to GPX file" feature under "Data" in S&T 2010.  When you open the file in Excel, you must change the default file name extension to "All files (*.*)" so that it will open the GPX file but once that is done you can open it as either a data base or as regular Excel spreadsheet and then find the route data points for each route stop as Don requires.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:55 PM