Windows License Activation problem on Windows XPE RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I have the similar problem in the below link but on one know what's the root cause

Jason    Posts: n/a

Windows product activiation
    Hello

Using XPe sp2 logging into a windows 2003 domain, i've all of a sudden seen
    this problem.

An error occurred while the wizard was checking the current Windows product
    license. Error Code: 0x80070005 and I'm not ble to login with any account.

Do you have any ideas?

http://www.xpheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windowsxp-embedded/27139-windows-product-activiation.html

If anyone know how to fix it, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Victor
    Monday, March 16, 2009 1:34 AM

Answers

• Victor,

Have you contacted your Technical Account Manager "TAM" or Vendor Account Manager "VAM" and asked for help? Also you can contact Pro Support. This is the best course of action since you are running in a Domain situation. This would fall outside support for the WGA Forums.

Thank you Victor,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:23 PM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:23 PM

All replies

• Morning Victor,

Please run the MGA Diagnostic Tool located @ the following sticky post http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindowsxp/thread/c2be4a37-9ac3-4674-9b30-08fdc9b99dd8.  This will allow us to see what you are experiencing so we may formulate a resolution for you.

Thank you

Stephen :-)
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    Monday, March 16, 2009 5:02 PM
  • Hello Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, my problem has a tempory solution is to reboot the Windows XP Embedded SP2 and the license error will be gone away. Meanwhile, we are using HP thin client solution - http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=1809592&prodNameId=1809593&swEnvOID=1058&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=vc-65161-1 . What I want to know is how can we aviod this error appears again? I am sure that the copy of Windows XP Embedded SP2 is genuine.

Thanks,
    Victor
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:29 AM
  • Victor,

Have you contacted your Technical Account Manager "TAM" or Vendor Account Manager "VAM" and asked for help? Also you can contact Pro Support. This is the best course of action since you are running in a Domain situation. This would fall outside support for the WGA Forums.

Thank you Victor,

Stephen
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:23 PM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:23 PM