off topic - Hotmail Account RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am very cross! After having used Hotmail for the past 8 years and loving it, I decided to set-up a new account for a volunteer parent run Science program for my sons school to help us communicate and allow my exisiting account not to get too blocked up (I receive up to around 50 emails a day right now!)

I have just set up all my contacts (63 of them!) and wrote my email.  Can you imagine how I felt when a alert box kept popping up to confirm my secuirity, not just that, then I was told I could not send to more than 10 contacts at a time.  Oh wait for it, THEN, I had sent my limit (3 emails!) and I am now NOT ALLOWED any more until tomorrow!  I have 6 grade levels to get emails to right now and have only done half of them - if this is how Hotmail is going to react to an exisiting user whose new account is linked, then I feel I have to go elsewere to find what I want.

I am totally cross about this, I have just spent an hour putting email addresses in the contacts list and now have to do it all over again!

Anybody else got any thoughts on this...................................

Saturday, August 16, 2008 5:59 PM

All replies

• I have never seen this limitation in Hotmail. I suggest contacting Live Hotmail support - https://support.live.com/default.aspx?scrx=1

Saturday, August 16, 2008 6:51 PM
  • Per the Windows Live Hotmail Help file:

You're prompted to remove recipients before you can send a message

When you try to send an e-mail message to multiple recipients, you may receive an error message that states that you must remove some recipients before you can send your message.

To troubleshoot this issue, reduce the number of recipients to the number that is indicated in the error message, and then try to send your message again.

To help reduce the amount of junk e-mail sent from Windows Live Hotmail accounts, we limit the number of recipients that you can send a message to at one time. As you develop a reputation for not sending junk e-mail, we increase the number of recipients that you can send messages to.

Note that you're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare.

Support for Hotmail at http://support.live.com

-steve

Monday, August 18, 2008 4:40 PM