Remove subproject flag from project RRS feed

• Question

• I have the next situation:

• create a project
    • Add it to a master project

In the PWA project center I need to check the subprojects checkbox to make it visible. (correct)

• remove the project from the master project

In the PWA project center I still need to check the subprojects checkbox to make it visible. (unexpected)

How can I make this project no longer a subproject?

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 11:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jeroen,

have you published both projects? Try to make a small change (e.g. change a task name) to your projects and publish them once more.

Does that help?
    Barbara

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 11:43 AM
  • Jeroen:

This is the result of a bug. Look for a fix in an upcoming service pack or update.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Monday, December 20, 2010 8:45 PM
  • Hi Team,

Is there a patch for this yet?  I removed all the projects from a master, they still show as sub, and now they are not avalible for a time on task to add lines to a project that was a sub project previously.

Marianne

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:44 PM
  • As I said in my previous post, coming soon. Are you comfortable editing the published database?
    Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:11 PM
  • If I know what we edit, yes.  This is our Pilot project and I'm training my end team next week.  I just don't want the projects orphaned in the database.  As long as I can still see them in the overall normal view, AND they would be avaliable for inserting a new task, I will try it.
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:15 PM
  • If you can lead me in what direction of what tabels to edit and values to update I will run a test this evening on our pilot enviroment.

Thank you!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:12 PM