none
BUG: Create new question RRS feed

• Question

• When creating a new question in this forum the "submit" button causes the page to display "do you wish to navigate away from this page?"  If I select OK then I see a quick 'error' in the status bar on IE8.  The Topic saves with the text removed and the signature line inserted

I copied the text before saving when I saw the message then edited and pasted the text back into the new post.  This worked.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sunday, May 27, 2012 7:37 PM

Answers

• Are you typing a reply and haven't clicked Submit? And you click "Ask a question" before you click Submit?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Ed - no.  I started a question in this forum and that happened.  There is not selecting a quesion as there are only questions available here.

The strange bit was the prompt asking if I wanted to navigate away from the page.  I am now wondering if someones DNS servers were crossed up.  I haven't seen anyhing like it since.

I posted the second post to note that this only happened once.  I also did that as a way of testin ghte editing and posting to be sure it was working.

Today I noticed that the servers were hanging more and more as the day progressed.  Then they all went away and came back as fast as they have been for a few days.  Now they are smooth and fast.  No change on my end.

I think you can ignore this.  I will reopen the question if this happens again.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:51 PM

All replies

• This post did not throw an error and did not remove the text.

I have also noticed that for th first time in more than a year the insertion point does not constantly flicker and the web site does not seem to be transmitting each character as if someone has set op a remote Ajax editor by declaring the OnKey event as an Ajax post causing every keystroke to be sent.

This may have help to improve overall performance of the editing which tended to fall behind the keying and even lose characters at times.

The post that threw the errro and lost text is here:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/ffcd4c53-50ad-4834-ab0e-c56856837987

I do not think it will be of much help.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Edited by jrv Sunday, May 27, 2012 7:44 PM
    Sunday, May 27, 2012 7:42 PM
  • Are you typing a reply and haven't clicked Submit? And you click "Ask a question" before you click Submit?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:39 PM
    Owner

Thanks!

Ed - no.  I started a question in this forum and that happened.  There is not selecting a quesion as there are only questions available here.

The strange bit was the prompt asking if I wanted to navigate away from the page.  I am now wondering if someones DNS servers were crossed up.  I haven't seen anyhing like it since.

I posted the second post to note that this only happened once.  I also did that as a way of testin ghte editing and posting to be sure it was working.

Today I noticed that the servers were hanging more and more as the day progressed.  Then they all went away and came back as fast as they have been for a few days.  Now they are smooth and fast.  No change on my end.

I think you can ignore this.  I will reopen the question if this happens again.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:51 PM
  • Thanks for the update, JRV!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 8:06 PM
    Owner