Run window size RRS feed

• Question

•  

I just installed SyncToy 2.0.  Had been using the SyncToy beta 2.0.  Now when I run a folder pair, the 'run' window goes to maximize and takes up the whole screen.  I have tried resizing, but it doesn't stay.  This did not occur in the beta version.  Any suggestions.
    Monday, August 18, 2008 4:47 PM

Answers

• Actually we maximize for that size as well.. the reason is that if we don't do that, sometimes the buttons at the bottom of the window will be off-screen which is annoying to a lot of users. So we made a design decision to maximize for lower resolutions such as 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768. 

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:59 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• We run maximized if your screen resolution height is lower than 600 so that the painted objects are clearly visible.

Thanks

Deepa

Monday, August 18, 2008 5:58 PM
  • Deepa,

Supposedly I'm running 1024 x 768 resolution.  Are you referring to something else.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 2:32 PM
  • Actually we maximize for that size as well.. the reason is that if we don't do that, sometimes the buttons at the bottom of the window will be off-screen which is annoying to a lot of users. So we made a design decision to maximize for lower resolutions such as 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768. 

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:59 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks.  I did have the problem with the buttons being off the screen in the beta version.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:23 PM
  • I have widescreen (1280x800) and in run (not preview) window i can't see buttons in the bottom of the window. It's very annoying...
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:10 PM
  • Are you running SyncToy 2.0?

Thanks

Deepa

Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:09 AM

• I never had a problem with button visibility, etc with beta versions.

I really, really HATE programs and websites that force a window to maximise.
    If a button is not visible, it doesnt take much to scroll down, or manually maximise, if that is what you prefer.

OK - do it once if you feel you must, but if the user resizes the window, remember that, and start that way next time.

cheers
    --geoff

Friday, August 29, 2008 10:01 AM