Please help!! : Internet Doesn't work with firewall on RRS feed

• Question

•  

I've installed windows live onecare first time but it doesn't let me use the wireless internet that i use unless i turn off it's firewall. so could you please help me with how to allow it with the firewall on? Thanks

Monday, May 5, 2008 9:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please make sure no third party security application or firewall software is installed in the computer.

Also verify in the advanced settings of firewall if Internet Explorer is not blocked.

Monday, May 5, 2008 10:35 PM
  • If there is no other firewall installed, I recommend that you contact support for help with this problem.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 1:35 PM
  • I had the exact same problem. I had a program called AVG 8.0 (another security program) installed along with onecare, althought when I installed onecare it did not ask me if I wanted to remove AVG like it was supposed to. I could not access the internet at all with the onecare firewall turned on until I uninstalled AVG. I'd check and see if you have ANY security-type programs besides onecare and uninstall them.
    Monday, May 12, 2008 10:41 PM