Manually uploading large files to Mesh Fails RRS feed

• Question

• I loged into Live Meshes website, and attempted to upload a 700mb file.  It gets to about 150mb and then it fails and says it is unable to upload the file,
    Has anyone else seen this?
    Sunday, April 5, 2009 11:41 PM

Answers

• I haven't, Joe, but then I haven't tried to do this either. I don't know if there is a single file size limitation for the upload.
    What's the storage space usage on the Live Desktop? Do you have greated than 700 megs available of the allowed 5 gigs? What browser, what OS, and what kind of file?

You may want to file a bug report.

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve 

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, April 6, 2009 1:24 PM

All replies

• I haven't, Joe, but then I haven't tried to do this either. I don't know if there is a single file size limitation for the upload.
    What's the storage space usage on the Live Desktop? Do you have greated than 700 megs available of the allowed 5 gigs? What browser, what OS, and what kind of file?

You may want to file a bug report.

-steve 

Monday, April 6, 2009 1:24 PM
  • When I first started the mesh was empty.  I decided to try and split the files to 200mb a piece.  Here is another weird issue.  The first two files  test.zip and test.z01 were able to be uploaded  all other failed.  on some of the others when I took the file name "test" and the "z" off the extension, I was then able to upload again.  then other files I had to leave the z on the file for those to upload.
    Running IE8 and Windows Vista SP1.
    The first file was a single iso.  I then changed it to 3 rar files.  now 19 zip files.

Monday, April 6, 2009 4:40 PM
  • Strange.... FIle a bug, Joe and post a link back here to the submission. Thanks!
    -steve
    Monday, April 6, 2009 5:15 PM

• I am having a very similar problem. Were you able to solve this issue Joe?

Thanks
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 9:57 AM

• I am having a very similar problem. Were you able to solve this issue Joe?

Thanks

Since Joe didn't return to provide a bug report link, it would be best if you submitted a new bug for this issue.

-steve

Wednesday, May 6, 2009 1:51 PM
  • Have been trying to narrow down more info, before I sumbit any info.   So far I have the following. I have 10 zip files at 100mb a piece.  First 100mb zip file will manually upload without any issue,  some of there other broken up zip files, I had to remove the extension off of.  What files are you trying to upload,  what exatly are you trying to do?
    I was actually tring to store Windows 7, was unable to send the full ISO.
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 2:09 PM
  • Thanks for the update, Joe.
    Personally, I think that filing a bug with the details you have been reporting here would already be good. You don't need to solve the bug, too. <g>
    -steve
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:41 PM
  • Wednesday, May 6, 2009 11:12 PM
  • Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:23 AM
  • Thanks to both of you for submitting the bug reports and linking them back here. -steve
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 12:18 PM