Two files not synchronzed RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have llive mesh on my personal laptop and on my work laptop.

On my work laptop I have two fles called "Parameters.cs" and "ephtmltopdf.dll" - both are not appearing on my personal laptop. To be honest, I am not sure if they have been on both, and I then deleted them on my laptop or if I added them at work and they then never appeared at home. Anyways, this is simply not acceptable - I NEED to be able to trut that the synchronizing feature works...

Any hints?

eliasen, representing himself and not the company he works for.
    Three times MVP and three times MCTS in BizTalk.
    Blog: http://blog.eliasen.dk
    Friday, November 13, 2009 10:19 AM

All replies

• What are the properties of the files? here's the information in Help regarding files that won't sync due to restrictions in Live Mesh:

Are there types of files or folders that I cannot share or synchronize?

You cannot synchronize or share the following with Live Mesh:

• Files containing obscene or copyrighted material. Copying or sharing unauthorized materials, including materials that you did not create or you do not have the rights necessary for use, is a violation of the Windows Live terms of use. See the Microsoft Copyright Notice and FAQ.
    • Files whose names begin with a tilde (~)
    • desktop.ini
    • thumbs.db
    • Hidden files
    • Windows Systems folders
    • Your Desktop directory folder (for example, C:\users\[myusername]\Desktop on Windows Vista or C:\Documents and Settings\[myusername]\Desktop on Windows XP)
    • Files and folders stored on removable media (such as an external hard drive, flash drive, or USB drive)
    • Files and folders stored on mapped network drives

Live Mesh also blocks files that have the following file extensions:

• .bak
    • .gfs
    • .laccdb
    • .lnk
    • .mbf
    • .mny
    • .mpc
    • .pst
    • .sav
    • .tmp
    • .wlx

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, November 13, 2009 12:40 PM
  • Hi, and thanks for the answer.

I aware of the restrictions (allthough I disagree with some of them :) ) - and to the beswt of my knowledge, my files are not covered by these restrictions. I have decided to just delete them on the machine where they were present.

Thanks.

eliasen, representing himself and not the company he works for.
    Three times MVP and three times MCTS in BizTalk.
    Blog: http://blog.eliasen.dk
    Monday, November 16, 2009 12:01 PM
  • I don't completely understand the restrictions, but agree with those that I do understand.
    However, you didn't tell us what the properties of the files were on the source PC or the permissions...
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, November 16, 2009 2:40 PM