vista OEM RRS feed

• Question

• I have purchased a new computer which came with Vista OEM operating system. It works properly.

I have noticed that it does not have a disc for reinstalling the operating system if something should go wrong.

I have had a number of hard drives fail in the past so  what happens if I have to replace the hard drive on this machine too.  How would I reinstall the OS on a replacement hard drive?

thanks

Saturday, October 13, 2007 1:19 AM

Answers

• OEM computer manufacturers who preinstall Windows Vista have their own unique Windows Vista repair or recovery method.  Please read the User's Guide that came with your new computer for information or visit the your PC's manufacturer's support web site.

Saturday, October 13, 2007 3:51 PM

• Hi,

When you turn on you pc watch carefully the messages on the boot up screens regarding press*** key. Recovery software usally uses F10 or F11 to boot to the recovery software then you should get a message about reloading the OS but be carefull you could loose data if you have not backed up first.

Regards

Clubriza
    Monday, October 15, 2007 4:30 PM

All replies

• OEM computer manufacturers who preinstall Windows Vista have their own unique Windows Vista repair or recovery method.  Please read the User's Guide that came with your new computer for information or visit the your PC's manufacturer's support web site.

Saturday, October 13, 2007 3:51 PM
  • Thanks,

Unfortunately the User's Guide that came with the new computer is quite useless, hence the question, so I will go to the web site.

Monday, October 15, 2007 3:54 AM

• Hi,

When you turn on you pc watch carefully the messages on the boot up screens regarding press*** key. Recovery software usally uses F10 or F11 to boot to the recovery software then you should get a message about reloading the OS but be carefull you could loose data if you have not backed up first.

Regards

Clubriza
    Monday, October 15, 2007 4:30 PM