Goalsearch tab on my internet explorer-cant get rid of RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have windows live onecare first off. I notice that on my internet explorer I have a tab that I have picked up that I cannot eliminate. I recently downloaded spybot, hopefully to eliminate this tab on my internet explorer. Spybot eliminated some things however, much to my dissapointment, everytime I restart my computer the "goal search" tab in on my internet explorer. When I have looked on my start menu this program is not listed, it is also not listed under add/remove programs. Does anyone know how I can eliminate unwanted spyware....I think that is what is is....Live onecare seems to allow this program. When I have opened the tab and tried to contact their "help" link, it automatically goes to a advertisement.  Why is this program/tab loading everytime I restart my computer.....Any help??

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 2:36 PM

All replies

• Do you mean "tab" as in a browser "window" within your default browser, such as extra Home Page? Have you looked at the IE toolbars and add-ons settings to see if it can be eliminated simply there? If you click the Home drop down in IE is the Goalsearch entry shown? What is the default search provider in IE?

-steve

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 12:11 AM