Domain Name Setup Failed on RC1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Home Server users Smile

I'm having a problem with registering my already registeret livenode domain name.

After installation of of RC1, and I setup users and backup I wanted to re-register the domain name.

I start the wizard and enter my Windows Live ID and password, and see my domain name listed in the dropdown. I choose the already selected item, and presses next. I then get an error:

"The domain name you entered is already being used or is not allowed. Please type a different name."

Well of course it's taken Smile

Can anyone help with this?

I'm trying to register: cln.livenode.com

Is this not allowed?

Thanks!

Regards

Claus Nielsen

Thursday, June 14, 2007 8:56 AM

Answers

• 3 letter names are no longer allowed.  Minimum length for a name is now 4 characters.
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 1:28 PM

All replies

• 3 letter names are no longer allowed.  Minimum length for a name is now 4 characters.
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 1:28 PM
  • Also, someone else mentioned that the word 'home' is now not allowed as part of the user name.

Colin

Thursday, June 14, 2007 5:04 PM
  • Mine does not let me use whserver.livenode.com

I previously used it and when I login to set it up and brings it in the drop down box and after selecting it, it gives the message that its not allowed

Sunday, June 17, 2007 10:58 AM
  • I have the same problem trying to setup, my domain is orthserver.livenode.com so it cannot just be the three letter name.

orthserver.livenode.com still works, but it gives me a certificate error as well.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 2:27 PM
  • I am having the same problem. I just installed RC1 and wanted to use the same domain name I used with the CTP.
    Friday, June 29, 2007 12:48 AM