locked
ErrorCode -2147220970 RRS feed

  • Question

  • I built a lookup to teams on a custom entity.  I created a custom view that filters the lookup to a subset of the teams; all the teams are the default teams belonging to Business Units.  It works but whenever someone clicks on it this error pops up.  Any guess as to what the error means?

    Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9999999999999999]]: System.Xml.XmlException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #D49B9759Detail: 
    <OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts">
      <ErrorCode>-2147220970</ErrorCode>
      <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
      <Message>System.Xml.XmlException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #D49B9759</Message>
      <Timestamp>2014-01-09T21:51:15.0608122Z</Timestamp>
      <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
      <TraceText i:nil="true" />
    </OrganizationServiceFault>

    Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:13 PM

Answers

  • I don't think so.  The same view is working fine.  Again, what was removed was a cobbled EntityReference (lookup).  That particular team was a) not a member of the view and b) had a substituted name instead of the actual lookup name.  Why Microsoft would program such sensitivity is beyond me, but having removed my tiny solution the view works fine.

    Alas, it is not "my" error message.  Likewise I am forced to give all the credit for it to Microsoft.

    • Marked as answer by mardukes Monday, January 27, 2014 5:20 PM
    Monday, January 27, 2014 5:20 PM

All replies

  • Is it because the view is of type Public View and not Lookup View?  Can I change that?
    Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:17 PM
  • It's possible the problem resulted because I was defaulting the lookup to a team that wasn't in the view during the page load.  When I left it blank the error stopped occurring.  Still don't know what the error is.
    Friday, January 10, 2014 10:44 PM
  • There isn't enough information from your error message to help.  My best guess is that it had or has something to do with the configuration of the view used for the lookup.

    Regards, Donna

    Thursday, January 23, 2014 6:48 PM
  • I don't think so.  The same view is working fine.  Again, what was removed was a cobbled EntityReference (lookup).  That particular team was a) not a member of the view and b) had a substituted name instead of the actual lookup name.  Why Microsoft would program such sensitivity is beyond me, but having removed my tiny solution the view works fine.

    Alas, it is not "my" error message.  Likewise I am forced to give all the credit for it to Microsoft.

    • Marked as answer by mardukes Monday, January 27, 2014 5:20 PM
    Monday, January 27, 2014 5:20 PM