none
OFX import issue - Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe Sunset, running on WIN7 SP1 virtual machine RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having an issue importing .ofx files into 2 different accounts I have at the same bank.

The .ofx files import correctly, but when I go to the account, not only do I see new (bolded) transactions,

but also duplicate (bolded) transactions that have already been accepted previously.

The funny thing is that the new duplicated transactions will have any alias or memo changes I already made to the original ones.

Anyone have any ideas or seen this before?

It's only happening with this bank and these 2 accounts.

TIA,

Mike

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 7:11 PM

All replies

• Is your OFX problem new, or have you been importing the OFX files without duplication problems previously?  When you get an OFX transaction, Money should remember that ID. The next time the bank provides the same transaction, it should have the same ID (<FITID>). That is how Money knows it is the same.

Maybe they changed the transaction IDs, and that is a one-time problem. What I suggest is to Void the duplicate transactions for now, rather than deleting. Money still remember the transaction ID of the voided transactions. Then lets hope that the bank continues to use the same ID the next time for the same transaction.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 11:07 PM
  • Thank you.

The problem is relatively new - it started about 3 months ago, *close* to the time the bank

changed its' OFX download parameters to 30,60,90 or 120 days, whereas before it had been select a start and an end date.

I assumed the bank was at fault and contacted their support people several times, to no avail.

I understand your suggestion, however, sometimes when I download an OFX file there are no duplicates, sometimes there are new duplicates and sometimes (not always), the old duplicates are there again.

Is there a way to look at the <FITID> inside the Money database? That way I could compare it to what's in the OFX file.

I do have MS Access available. 

<NEW>I have installed the .jar files to get Sunriise working. I can open my money.mny and sample.mny files

BUT I have no idea where to look for the <FITID> entries for either account. Can you assist me?</NEW>

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 7:29 PM
  • I don't know a way to view the <FITID> inside of the Money file.

You can save the OFX file to disk from your bank, and look at the contents with Notepad. You could then open that saved file to get the transactions into Money.

I would be surprised if your bank would take sufficient interest in that.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 9:10 PM
  • OK Thanks for your help.

Mike

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 11:13 PM