How do I make my Profile Private RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How do I make my Profile Private.... I have a forum member who is jumping in on every question I answer... It is obvious that he/she is monitoring my questions and answers through my profile activities.

Short of filing an abuse report, I am happy to deny them the convenience of tracking my every answer.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 3:19 AM

Answers

• Hi doctoroftype and Idle,

I'm going to let Ed make the decision on this. But from what I have seen while looking through Idle's activities, it does not look like he is trying to delibrately shadow your post.

However I will have to ask both of you to stop delibrately marking each other's post abusive, it's againist the rule and will get you both banned (we can tell who marked whose post abusive, so far it's just you two going at each other).

FYI, there isn't a function to turn your profile private.

Robin Ren (Chinasoft) STO Support Team

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:52 PM

All replies

• Hi doctoroftype and Idle,

I'm going to let Ed make the decision on this. But from what I have seen while looking through Idle's activities, it does not look like he is trying to delibrately shadow your post.

However I will have to ask both of you to stop delibrately marking each other's post abusive, it's againist the rule and will get you both banned (we can tell who marked whose post abusive, so far it's just you two going at each other).

FYI, there isn't a function to turn your profile private.

Robin Ren (Chinasoft) STO Support Team

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:52 PM

• This Futurama IE Bender guy (aka doctoroftype==IECustomizer) renowned for his notorious phrase "Bite-my-shiny-metal-ass" is a habitual troll here.  But he is a sanctioned MVP troll.  So he gets away with regularly insulting visitors and posting totally incoherent off-topic word-matching nonsense.  Reporting him abusive has had no effect.

For example, in what remains of this thread (posts were banned-out, see the marked Answer), he calls Curiously Idle an idiot ("curious google idiot").  In the following post, he volunteers that he's been stalking posts by following feeds.  Earlier in that same thread, he tells the OP to "Bitch elsewhere please" and also berates his "da questions" ("dumb ass").  The "abusive" tags remain, without effect, ignored for months.

Here are two threads (of many) where I have just now flagged his harassing off-balanced posts:  here and here.

30K point MVP, he taunted.  Hmmph.  I don't think this recent thread* about high-point-member trolling is adequately resolved, even though it is marked answered.  The correct answer is to coach these people.  And apply discipline if need-be.

*Excerpt:  "I am frankly appalled at the number of answers in these forums which are at best insignificant and at worst insulting.  If someone receives 20,000 points by being a troll telling people they have asked stupid questions then that person needs to be told not to do that."

Robin, I know your avatar is the default forum-assigned one, but maybe you'll consider changing it.  It resembles a swastika.

Sunday, August 18, 2013 11:45 AM
  • Well that's curious.  I mentioned Curiously idle's post was marked answer in that thread.  Here's a screenshot of it from yesterday.  Yet it's gone today.  This must mean somebody with privilege went into that thread and manually unmarked it.

Can you identify who unmarked it, Robin?

Oops.  Several minutes later it has reappeared.  That's nice.  Heartwarming.

I'll leave this post submitted though, since it also illustrates Bender's abusiveness.  Would anyone care to see the entire page, prior to all the deletions?  There was a lot of genuine effort in Curiously Idle's posts there.  You don't see that much here.

Well heck.  As long as I'm right here, here's that thread  before  Curious was banned.  Upon review, it sure looks like the wrong posts were censored, doesn't it?  Bender really has an attitude problem throughout that thread.  Belligerent, cursing, deliberate wrong information.

What is the matter with him?

Sunday, August 18, 2013 3:07 PM

• Who is your MVP lead, Bender?  I want to send him an email.

With a link to this thread, where you are posting nonstop deliberate bunk.

I think you were also involved in getting profiles Idle Curiosity, Curiously Idle, and flätѕəm banned.  As illustrated in the OP of this present thread of yours.  Are you currently seeking to have Dimitri Nickolas banned too?  This will also be a topic of discussion in the email to your lead.
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 4:30 PM

• So there you have it.

Forum management formally endorses MVP trolls like IECustomizer.

I am banned  for violating the code of conduct.

For having objected.

Bender, you'll be relieved to know that you may continue unfettered in your technospamming these forums.  Beyond the three accounts of mine you got banned, I've purged several others which had posts in the IE forums that you habitually disgrace.  To give safe distance, I even purged posts from anywhere nearby that you might also have contaminated, which is basically all of MS.  If you can think of any others you might occupy, please let me know and I'll avoid them too.  Regards and congrats.  Fine job, MVP.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 10:55 PM